I love stuffed knits...especially those made of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (I think it would be safe to say that it is my all time favourite yarn!)
Started: October 1, 2007
Finished: October 19, 2007
Pattern: Rabbit from Debbie Bliss Special Knits
Yarn: DB Baby Cashmerino 1+ ball (I dipped into the second ball for one ear) in Duck Egg blue. Scrap cream for the pom pom tail and embroidering thread (or scrap 4 ply) for the facial features.
Gauge: 24sts and 36 rows on knit picks US #3 needles. (a little smaller than recommended gauge...but what does it matter?!)
I love knitting little stuffed creatures. They really don't take long, they are quite finicky with knitting the little pieces, all the seaming and assembling...but the outcome is quite satisfying. Plus, she didn't get a doll last year;)
FYI I am considering all of your recommendations for my sisters gift. Some facts:
- She brought the knitting to me before I knew I had her name for Christmas.
- I don't think she expects me to knit her either sweater...well at least not for Christmas.
- I love knitting the Christmas gifts and usually make one major project for the sibling who's name I have.
- Knitting a st st sweater on US#2's may kill me (death by st st) and I would dread knitting it.
- She choose that sweater because of the knitting level she is at and the wear-ablility of it for work.
- I do have an idea in mind and did pose the question so that at least one of you would recommend doing it, thus justifying my decision in some way;)