Ok, I didn't do my hair...but I showered, so I figure that was good enough for knitting pictures!
I finished something! The Aeolian shawl.
Started: June 16, 2010
Finished: August 18, 2010
Pattern: Aeolian Shawl on Knitty.com. I made the middle size, the purple shoulderette.
Yarn: One skein of Tannis' Mulberry silk. A gorgeous yarn!
Adjustments: Ok, I was pregnant while knitting this, so be patient...I'll try to remember. I did read on Tannis' blog how she had to do the alternate edging for the shawl in order to get away with one skein...but of course I was just knitting away on it and forgot all about that...I knew I would run out of yarn so I cast off a row early. That didn't work I had about 20 sts left to cast off (not the written cast off but just a regular cast off with a larger needle) with not a bit of yarn left. So I decided to rip back 8 rows and not make the nubbs in this section. I was making the 7 st nubbs throughout...no beads. I still had to cast off a row early. So I am missing that final st st row. I cast off on the wrong side purling, with a larger sized needle.
Although I would really have liked the nubbs in the finally rows, I was not willing to rip back the last chart...I am satisfied with what I did.
The pattern is really well written and I love the size of the finished shawl. I love to wear them just wrapped around...
or as a scarf...
I have always spoke highly of Tannis' yarn. This new mulberry silk is really beautiful. I had a few problems winding it because it is so slippery. I ended up hand winding an outer pull ball, which was perfect. There was a little colour loss when I wet block it...but not a lot. Her colours are so vibrant and this plum is just gorgeous. I would highly recommend this yarn.
In other news...we celebrated Lucca's 8th birthday...a little lazertag and a starwars cake!
Roman loves parties!
You know I had to get a baby picture in here somewhere;)