Thursday, October 25, 2007

Shooting stocking heel.

I am really starting to get my knitting mojo back with this sock. I love this yarn...the feel of it as you knit is just perfect. The yarn slides so nicely across the needles and the pattern definition is outstanding.

I have been working away on the leg and then the heel flap

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Of course, I couldn't put it down until I finished the entire heel...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When stretch out on the leg, the pattern is quite nice. I actually could pull the leg up to my knee...and immediately wanted an pair of knee socks in this yarn...for myself!

Must make knee socks.

6 comments:

kristin said...

Well, what yarn is it? Is there some backstory? I think I missed it.

pacalaga said...

OMG - What is the pattern? What is the yarn? I covet both! YUM.

Megan said...

I love it! I think I recognize the pattern--is that from knitting vintage socks?

margaux said...

pretty socks! i think i have that pattern too... if it's from the vintage socks book. glad you're getting your mojo back!!

AuntieAnn said...

Ooh, I never seriously considered making these, but yours is very nice indeed. And your picked-up stitches along the heel flap -- invisible! I wish mine were so neat and invisible.

Anonymous said...

Where's that pattern from? I love it!