Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ribbon Edged Cardigan

The never ending sweater is finally complete!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Started: July 29th, 2007
Finished: October 26th, 2007
Yarn: Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino 2 balls in pale yellow and a bit of cream for the stuffed heart.
Pattern: Ribbon Edged Cardigan from Debbie Bliss Special Knits and a stuffed heart based on the heart mobile from Debbie Bliss Essential Baby (someone stop me from buying the baby knit books!)
Adjustments: The obvious, no ribbon. I looked for one but couldn't find anything I liked.

Here's a look at the heart and the perfect little buttons I found...I think 8 buttons cost me 50cents!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sew in a label, put it all in a cute little box...and it's ready to go.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just waiting for that baby!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little set is adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely little set! The yellow and cream go so well together, and I love your packaging! Where did you get your labels printed? I need to order some for myself.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! I have that same book and after seeing your sweater I think I might give it a go. Glad to have you back in the blogging world, you are one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Oooo, lovely. You gonna make me buy more baby knit books.

Beatriz said...

Your work is so beautiful. This sweater is just precious. And the label makes it so personal. I really enjoy reading/seeing your posts.

Anonymous said...

every thing you knit looks so freaking good! i love that color of yellow!

alana said...

So sweet. Perfect little details.

Pat Rowan said...

-you are a fabulous knitter!
found your blog while searching for a solution to grafting ribbing (long story about scarf ends)
-thoughts on chunky knits - knit them way smaller than you think that you should...
thanks! pat at geminidream

Agata said...

Precious! Everything about that little sweater is so right, from the gorgeous sunny color to the adorable little buttons. I love the book that pattern came from, and (no offense meant to Debbie Bliss AT ALL!) but your yellow, ribbonless version is a hands-down winner.

And a quick question about the labels - I checked out the link you ordered them from, but it seems to be a British firm. Do you know of any US companies offering similar customized labels? Thanks!

Sue said...

Ooh your little cardigan turned out beautifully. I didnt use the gathered ribbon on my one either, just some flowery ribbon. I love the little heart too, so cute. I have that book on the way to my post box now, and I cant help buying those cute baby knitting books either. Great for present making.

Anonymous said...

Heartbreakingly adorable!

Anonymous said...

awwwww! it's perfect. i'm also knitting from the DB Essential Baby book. i'm working on the Pinafore Dress and up next will be the vest and baby shorts.

that book is addicting