Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's Socktoberfest...and I am knitting a sock!

I have been searching and searching for a sock pattern I wanted to knit. I started jaywalkers...but it wasn't working out for me. (don't get me wrong...it's a great pattern, I've knit one pair...but this yarn wasn't loving it)

I missed out on sockapalooza...it just wasn't a good time for me...next one!

Now with all the Socktoberfest posting in knittingland...I had to do something.

I came across this pattern.
Great for varigated yarn...and perfect for the koigu that's been burning a hole in my stash!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It is like riding my bike again....oh socks, how I have missed knitting you! I don't know what I was thinking?!

In an ideal world, I will be knitting four pair of socks this Socktober...will that happen? We will see. This, my dear knitting friends, will be the beginning of the Christmas knits!

FYI I found the Ampersand sock pattern writer on this blog. With my life a constant "catch up", I love the idea of previewing all those great knittng blog entries out there.
Yes, I still read all those blogs that I have in my bloglines...but many I just scroll through...no real reading. I love that I can learn of some fantastic knitters...many of which are new to me, PLUS I have come across some great free patterns and some inspiration!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for the new sock pattern! I'll add it to my (ever growing) list...
I hear the socks missed you too :)

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great sock pattern for some of the yarn in my stash. I love your version - but what's not to love about koigu.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back -have missed your blog updates and tutorials. Last year you were my inspiration for all of my holiday knitting. Love the new socks - I have some yarn that will be perfect for that pattern!

Sarah Brown Design Yarn said...

I love the Ampersand pattern. A woman at my SNB turned me onto it. I knit a pair out of some STR yarn and they look amazing. I have some lorna's laces veregated yarn that didn't look that great just knit plain so I was going to try that pattern again.