Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Some knit gifts have made it my way....

While in the GTA I got some gifts from my sister (we pick names between siblings) and there were some fun knitting books and a cute knitting sign. This is a great little book filled with fabulous knit gift ideas. I've already started planning some knits from the book....but that's another post!



AND....that wonderful Sundara sent me a little package...



I know, I know, I feel the green eyed monster starring at me...but oh yeah baby gorgeous red silk yarn!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You really didn't need to do that. I just loved being able to work with your yarn.

I love it, seriously...what to make? A lace scarf? I need a lace scarf...
Sundara also send a copy of the Tatami pattern...that is absolutely gorgeous...the presentation is worth it alone people. Not to mention you get to knit a fabulous sweater...of which I have actually been wearing!

Thanks you for your comments on the gifts I gave in the post below. Of course, that is not all of them...but the gifting has begun. Unfortunately that was the only time I was going to see the bunch for the holidays...so they got it early...that way I could see how much they loved them!

I've got the remaining pieces of the urban aran cardigan finally blocking. Just some seaming, a collar and a zipper to go....so I decided that I had time for just one more gift....

5 comments:

miss ewe said...

Crazy lady! One more??? Seriously?

Anonymous said...

You are welcome! I'm glad the package arrived safe and sound and that you like the yarn and the pattern! I can't wait to see what gorgeous thing you knit up with the yarn. You definitely will do the yarn justice!

Anonymous said...

I've leafed through that book. Lots of really nice things there. And that yarn! Swoon. Beautiful stuff, even more so knowing that it's silk. Lucky, lucky you!

Jodi said...

I really like the Holiday Knits book. The team behind that one has a great eye for color and style, plus a great photographer.

Theresa said...

That book is perfect, at least I think so. I like to do most of my Chistmas festive knitting after Christmas. I just get in the mood!