Thursday, June 29, 2006

Droplet Hat

I finished up the Droplet Hat...



The pattern seems to work out fine...and it only took a couple of days to knit.
Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed.
Pattern: Droplet Hat from Knitting Nature.
Adjustments: I added a little length...my row gauge must have been off. So I didn't end up making the last set of bobbles. I think the three bobbles up the side of the droplet looks just fine. I also forgot to do the ribbing twisted at the rim of the hat...oh well.

The way Norah does the bobbles is a great technique to learn. It's like cabling without a cable needle...less work for bobbles...you got to love it.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very cute.

andrea said...

It's beautiful! and I love the color.

Donn said...

Love the hat. I made a hat this winter out of the JS Silkroad tweed..fabulous! I will have to get that book to find out about the bobbles. You said it was in Knitting Nature, right?

Areli said...

Cute, pretty color.

LisaB said...

Ooh I love it, especially the color. I want to make all those hats in Nature!

quenna said...

Cute bobbles...need to check out this book soon.

Persnickety Knitter said...

Nice hat -- love the bobbles around the bottom edge especially. I just got that book and don't remember seeing that hat. I'll have look through it again.

Lolly said...

It turned out so well! Did that take one or two balls of Jo Sharp? I think one of these are in my future!!