Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's mine...it's all mine!

Enough shawls for everyone else...this one if for ME!



I love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Started: May 9, 2006 I think...
Finished: May 16, 2006
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk 3 hanks with a handful of beads pre-strung
Pattern: Diamond Fantasy Shawl. Beaded version inspired by January One.
Adjustments: None really. I swatched on US#5, but didn't like it. I went with US#8 perfect.
I just kept knitting until I thought it was large enough. Thankfully I stopped when I did because after casting off the icord edging...I had 8" to spare!

I definitely don't want the grandma look while wearing a shawl...



(I know CK, fake smile...give me a break, I am trying...I'm not a model...I'm a KNITTER!)

The drape of this yarn is just wonderful...it feels so luxurious, perfect for the wedding I am attending this summer.



Look, there, right there...you see the beads?! Yeah, next time, I will not bead on a yarn with such luster!

I am all shawled out...onto something different now.

24 comments:

Dave said...

It's absolutely beautiful -- nothing grandma-ish about it all. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm glad you're keeping this one for yourself.

Scoutj said...

It's amazing!

Anonymous said...

it's gorgeous! wow!

mine is blocking as we speak ... and i got some db silk recently that i'm itching to use.

Anonymous said...

Freakin' fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great looking shawl. The color and yarn are perfect. Definitely a keeper.

Anonymous said...

sooo nice!!! love the shawl. i realy want to try DB silk!

Unknown said...

Goregous shawl!

blissful said...

That is so beautiful (and you are very photogenic..Giselle's got nothing on you!). The picture tweaking seemed to work - they loaded up much faster!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing! Well done, and really inspiring to me to finally get another shawl started!

Anonymous said...

You're amazing...do you ever sleep? :) Your shawl is just beautiful...perfect for a summer wedding! It takes me forever to finish a project because that nasty 4-letter word continues to steal my time - WORK!
I'm very jealous and so inspired - thanks so much for sharing!
Happy knitting!
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing--enjoy it. I must get some of this yarn.

Anonymous said...

Stunning! It's a keeper, and you don't look like grandma at all! The silk must feel so luxurious... enjoy!

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Perfect - you will certainly upstage the bride! As a Knitter/Model, I would say you are beautiful - no evidence of bags under the eyes from knitting all night!!

Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! I can't believe how beautiful this shawl is, it's breathtaking actually and definitely not grandma-ish at all, it suits you so fine! Fantastic work!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Glad you're keeping one for yourself. It's beautiful!

emy said...

That shawl is awesomely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Glad to inspire! Isn't Sivia's pattern so great? Enjoy wearing it.

Persnickety Knitter said...

Boy, you are just cranking out the beautiful shawls. I feel like such a slacker.
I see what you mean about the beads, but I bet they will catch the light sometimes and give your shawl that extra special touch.

LisaB said...

Oh that is so pretty - will look so classy at your wedding!
I can only imagine what that silk feels like knit up...heaven!

earthchick said...

Oh my. That is really beautiful. It looks gorgeous on you.

Anonymous said...

I just found your DB Pure Silk project and LOVE it! Gave me ideas...bad, bad, bad. To many UFOs and too little time.

Pure Silk is going to be on sale here at 20% off next week - how do I insert the link? Like this http://www.littleknits.com ?

Sue F

Anonymous said...

Well that did not work! Regardles, that is a beautiful shawl. :)

Cheers,

Sue F

mehitabel said...

Just lovely, beautiful work! I bet you will be the envy of all the other guests--I hope the bride is able to keep the spotlight away from you with such a gorgeous shawl!