Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Socktoberfest Continues

I guess you could say that these are my second pair of socktoberfest socks, if you count the ones I finished on the first day.



Started: October 9, 2005
Finished: October 24, 2005
Pattern: Retro Rib Socks from IK Winter 2004
Yarn: Koigu #319
Adjustments: Toe up, figure 8 cast on (love it) and I reversed the pattern because I was knitting toe up (totally unnecessary). I also added a stitch inbetween the purl stitch pair on the cuff in the last row. Then did my purl row and then cast off with a US #7 needle. This gave me a no sag cuff...yet loose enough that it doesn't cut off my circulation:)

I tried to be a little creative with the photo...keeping with the socktoberfest theme...the photo is taken in the light of my pre-lit grapevine pumpkins purchased on my last trip to the USA...thank you Target!

14 comments:

Wool Winder said...

Which pair did you enjoy knitting the most...Retro Rib or Go With The Flow? I'm trying to decide on a pattern and would love to hear your opinion. I would be knitting mine from the top down though.

Donna said...

Your socks look awesome! And the vest will be adorable : )

grumperina said...

Those look great! What a nice experience to rework the pattern from the toe to the cuff!

christine said...

Love the socks! They rock!!! Also love the artistic touch. I LOVE the fight against knitters arse post - I too am fighting this battle with WW, and after 4 weeks have finally lost 5.2 lbs!!!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome socks. I love the color and pattern (and the picture). Are you happier with the fabric density on the smaller needles?

Heather said...

Those look awesome! Great job, once again you're a sock making fool! I love the color and they feel so fallish!

Purly Whites said...

Love the socks, and even though those aren't officially Christmas lights, I'm feeling Christmas-y now.

Laura said...

Love them! And great picture. For my next pair of socks, I am going to try out that figure 8 cast on.

keohinani said...

FABULOUS!

Teresa C said...

They are lovely! And you still have time to make another pair before the end of the month! :)

yamamama said...

Beautiful socks! I love that pattern. What size needle did you use with the Koigu? Also, how many skeins did you use? Three?

Ruth said...

Great socks! They turned out really well ... and do look very pretty next to the twinkle lights.

Happy Socktober!

Acornbud said...

Cool looking socks. I gotta try me those toe up socks.

Ginger said...

very pretty! Happy Socktober!