Friday, October 07, 2005

Socktoberfest 2005!

Here we are in socktoberfest....and I stayed up last night to finish DH's socks!



Started: July 25, 2005 can you believe it!
Finished: October 6, 2005
Pattern: Just a basic sock based on Ann Budd's socks in "The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns"
Yarn: Knit picks Sock landscape in Yukon
Thoughts: I will never make plain ribbed socks again...I have had enough. I need more excitement in my sock making...did you see the socks I got from my sock pal ;) (I've been wearing them since I got them...seriously they are my favourite socks!)
Come on, we need to be a little more challenged with our sock knitting...especially here in socktoberfest!
I can't wait to see the socks everyone is knitting. I really want to see how you are photographing your socks...they are hard to pose for. I'll be watching.

Thank you all for your well wishes...I am feeling better today:)
Heather, I got your tag, I'll be flashing ya!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful socks! I have started and laid aside many pairs of plain ribbed socks. My current socks in progress aren't even ribbed, but my next Socktober pair will be more exciting. I'm stepping up to your challenge!

Lisa said...

I'm sure your husband is quite happy to have them. They are awesome. And the varigation is wonderful. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Migraines are a b***ch

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love how the colors pool like that. Makes those plain ribbed socks look more interesting.

Anonymous said...

Those socks are super cute even if they were boring with the ribbing. I think I need to make a pair darn it! I got a 40 inch size 1 needle so I could try to make a pair using the "magic loop" or whatever the heck it is. I have all that sock yarn rotting away in my bag. Anyway...can't wait to see your stash! :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like plain ribbed socks and simple patterns. However, you may just inspire me to go for something more challenging...like the ones from your sock pal...I love those.