Friday, September 16, 2005

The cables have been vito'd!

This is what Tom said...

"ok.
the back needs to be slightly lower then the front.
the rim needs to taper into the ears.
it shouldn't be a 90 deg corner, but rather a gentle fluid curve.
compare my sketch against yours.
also, i thinking just flat, not all knotty.
that being said it may be cool, i can visualize it...
perhaps instead of a rope pattern, a single straight square line that runs the length of the ears.
the hat should be tight too, similar to the first hat you made (the one that was stolen) "
So I am assuming that "not all knotty" means no cables...boring. I may do a version with cables as well. And yes, I have made him 2 other hats that have been "misplaced". This is it Tom!

Of course, I was given a better photo...

fresh from "Burning Man".

When is this hat happening? Well, I am almost to the armhole decreasing on SCP#1...so I really want to finish that first...then the hat. Thank you all for the encouragement to submit the design, we will see how it turns out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second the motion to submit the finished pattern somewhere! Its a pretty rockin idea for a guy's hat. If no cables, maybe use a really nice yarn. I am looking forward to seeing it in progress.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's too bad about the cables, they would have rocked!

winnie said...

ver opinionated. my friends just got married at the burning man this year too! ha!

Anonymous said...

Your brother is cracking me up! Why is it that the brothers are always so particular? And in a much different way that the sisters.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Typical male. Nothing too fussy. Plain stitching. Not too colorful. It will still be great.

Unknown said...

Too bad about the cables. They gave it a real Viking look. I am so impressed that you have men that will not only allow you to knit for them, they trust your abilities so much they make specific design requests. It is wonderful!

Agnes said...

Burning Man! I'd been there once ... 2 or 3 years ago, I think. Awesome event ... first time for me camping in the middle of a desert!