Thursday, August 11, 2005

Stress + needles + yarn = quick knit.

First of all...I just love knit bloggers. It is nice to know people find your knitting interesting...and you know how great it is to finish a fabulous knit.
Thank you all so much for your comments. You are too kind.
I now see myself entering a lace knitting world...and may never return.

I know, I know, where is that other "Go with the flow sock"? Well, its going with the flow...slowly. I find myself wanting so badly to knit something and have at it. Then I cast on the second sock with a vengeance...and knit a little...and a little more...I already know I can successfully make the sock, the challenge is gone. But I keep at it. Only a couple more inches and it will be done.

I sat down (after a lovely evening with my two ever so well behaved...ahh...well...yes, well behaved children that were lovingly sent off to bed...)with this

and this

and made this!

Started and finished: August 10, 2005
Pattern: Debbie Bliss Picot Bag from "Special Knits"
Yarn: Knit picks Shine in Orchid, less than a ball.
Adjustments: None.
So quick and cute. This is one of the bags for the nieces christmas gifts. I used up some stash...will the knitpicks shine ever run dry?! I need to find a beautiful ribbon to tie it with or maybe make and I-cord.
How about a cute pair earrings for their freshly pierced ears to put in their bags? All girls love jewelry!

FYI I used just under 2 skiens of the blackberry ridge lace weight silk/wool blend yarn for Ene's Scarf.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute little thing! I bet your niece will love it :)

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same problem with the Go With the Flow socks, and I'm half way through with the second of the FOUR socks I am knitting, since I'm knitting a pair for me and a pair for my sock pal. What was I thinking?

But, that is a cutie-patootie bag! Earrings would be perfect.

Anonymous said...

So cute! And I love the orchid color!

Tracy Batchelder said...

The bag turned out just as cute as I thought it would. Using stash yarn is a bonus. How many more will you make?

Tara said...

What a cute idea! All girls love bags and jewelry. :)