Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ene's Scarf

Thankfully, it did get big enough when blocked. So large, infact, that it did not fit on the board all at once.


When I wrap it around, I do still wish it was a little larger...just a bit.
Pre blocked it measured 25" from bottom point to top edge, 48" across the top edge, and 34" measured along the side. (the pattern says 32", 56" and 40" but when I got gauge with us#7 the stitches were too loose. When stretched for blocking I doubt you would be able to tell between yo's and stitches. So I knit on the #6's)
After blocking, it measures 30"from bottom point to top edge,65"across the top, 43"measured along one side.


Started: July 22, 2005
Finished: August 10, 2005
Yarn: Blackberry ridge lace weight Silk/wool blend in Deep Red
I really like this yarn. It knit beautifully, feels wonderful (softened up after washing). It bled a little, nothing that I would worry about at all. Slight colour in the water. I love the colour of this red.
Pattern: Ene's Scarf from "Scarfstyle" Interweave Press.
Adjustments: None really, besides my gauge being off for a tighter stitch. I did a full wash and block as per your suggestions instead of the damp towel over the blocked knit. I think you need a full wash for this baby.

All in all, it was definitely worth the trouble it gave me in the beginning. I will be making another one of these...most likely in the new year for Mom's bday?!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm floored by the beauty! You did such a great job with that scarf/shawl, and the color looks lovely on you. Divine!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!! I love it. The color is perfectly suited to you.

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing. So gorgeous and lovely! That color red is perfect. Seriously, I'm so impressed. I hope you gloat for days about this one.

Anonymous said...

so so so pretty! I love everything about it. Great job!

marirob said...

Beautiful! The color is just lovely. Seeing everyone's lace projects this summer wants me to start making some shawls too!

Toni said...

Yes, a beautiful red. Bellissima!

LisaB said...

Your Ene turned out gorgeous!! That color looks great on you!

winnie said...

crazy! you are such a fast knitter. it looks so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Beautiful. Awesome job.

Adele

kris said...

that is absolutely gorgeous! the colour is so beautiful and now i just want to finish mine straight away!

congrats on a job brilliantly done!

Jane said...

Oh, that is so beautiful, and it just suits you to a "T".

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! How many skeins did it take?

Anonymous said...

That's just gorgeous! I love it! You really did a nice job, especially on the blocking. =0)

I always see your posts on (WoolWinder) Tracy's blog. So I wanted to stop in and check out your knitting too.

I just wanted to say "hello". Have a great day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Great Job!!! The yarn, the pattern - all beautiful! You look great in it!

Anonymous said...

You did an OUTSTANDING JOB - 5 stars!!! It is perfect and the color is beautiful on you! I'm not a shawl person either, but love this! Am definitely going to make it as soon as I finish Madli's Shawl (IW, Summer '04).
Congratulations - this is definitely a keeper!

amandamonkey said...

marvelous! your work on this definitely inspires me to start a more intricate lace project.

shizzknits said...

O it's gorgeous!!! I love the color, it's very pretty on you. Great work!

carrie said...

the color is so rich and lovely. despite your protests, i think you are definitely a shawl person. looks like the hard work paid off.

Terhi said...

It's really beautiful! Now I'm tempted to make one too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I love it!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Beautiful! I know you will enjoy wearing it.

Laura said...

Carolyn, that is absolutely beautiful and that is your color! I have never been particularly drawn to lace knitting, but seeing your FOs is inspiring me. First socks, and now lace! :)

goodkarma said...

Your Ene's scarf is so elegant. It looks amazing on you. Well done! :)

Soulknitting said...

So PRETTY!!! Amazing and beautiful!!

jen said...

Wonderful, beautiful scarf! Jenifer jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

Tara said...

You AND Ene look HOTTTTTT! Great job, Carolyn!

Knitcrazy said...

Oh .. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a question. When you cast on the 375 stitches, did you do it over one needle or 2? I cast on tight, but don't know if it will be too tight if I cast on over 1 needle. Cuz I usually cast on over 2 needles. thanks.