Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Cotton Craze

Ok, I have to admit, I am starting to like cotton. I know, I know, it is not as nice to knit with than lets say merino, but as I try different brands and blends I am strangely drawn to it. It must be the season, or the fact that my body temp seems to be higher than most people...I hate to be hot. Here is a little cascade "Cotton Rich" I ordered (only because my MIL wanted some acrylic...oh man, I never thought I would type that word in my blog...yeah, acrylic for her to crochet...oh man, another one of those words...Crochet her afghans. I am on a yarn diet you know...I am...really.)
It is purple with blue specks in it...interesting looking. I have 10x 80yrd skeins...not sure what to do with it.
I never know how much yarn to get when "enhancing" my stash. A couple skeins...to try it? What would you do with that? A bag of skeins...not really enough for a sweater. How much do you get if you don't really have a project in mind, but an interested in the yarn?
Here is my progress on "Soleil"...a little bored with it but having divided for the fronts and the back, at least I can purl now! I did a little extra side shaping...we'll see if that comes back to haunt me or not.
"Hazel" is in my knitting bag. I can't finish it until my MIL tries it on...as much as I want to get it done. I did and arm hole and seamed that side...I just don't know...only an official try on will tell. Then I will knit and block like crazy to finish it while we visit the inlaws this weekend. Hopefully there will be no ripping.

6 comments:

grumperina said...

Acrylic, crochet... yikes! Those words don't belong on your blog! Your yarn looks quite nice, though :). And welcome to the "I desperately want to purl club" :).

Tara said...

Soleil is looking great. That color is going to look fab on you! I like the new yarn too. Do you have enough for a tank?

goodkarma said...

The colors in that purple/blue yarn are really gorgeous. And I'm in love with your Soleil, too. :)

Nana Sadie said...

Love the purple blue...and oh wow, you're knitting is just gorgeous!

Dropstitchknitter said...

Wow!! Love your Soleil - can't wait to see it finished!! I loved knitting mine and want to make another - I had no idea there was a KAL for it, so now I have to knit another!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

JenniferB said...

If you haven't used this cascade cotton rich yet, and don't plan to, I'll take it off your hands! I was just googling for some and found your post. love the color.