After playing around with stitch patterns...and listening to the pleas of small children waiting for their socks to be knit up...I came up with these:
Cheesy socks. Of course named for the colour...
Both are knit in the Patons Kroy socks that the boys dyed.
The Wilton orange icing colouring is exactly the colour of cheesies.
I used a tubular cast on and some 1x1 ribbing which seemed to compliment the simple slip stich and garter row patterning.
I am planning on knitting an adult size and will have the pattern up soon...maybe for spring;)
Purple cable and garter stitch socks. Yeah, I need to come up with a name. The purple icing colouring didn't take as well as the orange, but I like how they turned out.
This pair I knit toe up and ended with the 1x1 ribbing. There was a little "adjusting" to make the 1x1 ribbing line up...so the pattern needs work. But for kids socks, it is fine!
I love that the boys wanted socks. They don't wear socks around the house. Sometimes Lucca will, but Matteo takes them off immediately when we get home. They seem to need traction when running around the house...so you can imagine how my morning has been since they finally got the socks...
One slip down the wood stairs and a couple times on the wood floor. It's almost like they are doing it on purpose now!
I sent them in the carpeted basement to play before I end up taking them to the hospital.
FYI I have been attempting to add patterns to ravelry for sale...I know some of you are waiting for the Big Fat Fern Afghan pattern. I didn't realize that you need to be "set up" for sales...so I am awaiting authorization...hopefully you will see it up soon...I will keep you posted;)