Friday, February 29, 2008

Waiting...

The thick and thin cardigan has been on hold for about a week. I knit all I had of the Debbie Bliss Soho. Before I finished the last ball, I went back and lengthened each arm...and then went back to the body. I did shaped the waist slightly...and now...



Here we wait. (Got my hair done today...finally, since Christmas! I am feeling human again....but look at the big white arm...I need some SUN...where or where is spring???)

I went to the LYS to find something to finish the ribbing off around the collar, 1/2 sleeves and body...but found nothing. I am really struggling with what colour.
I don't want a big band of the light beige around me so I was thinking brown or navy. I couldn't find the right brown...or navy for that matter....so I ordered some navy cascade 220 online. Who knows if it will be right. I would rather keep it monochromatic...and I have yet to use this yarn...so hopefully it will all work out.
I was knitting away on the front of Demi and something went wrong. I dropped down and knit back up a bunch of stitches...but no...I don't know...there will have to be some major ripping here. Oh well...that'll teach me to knit charts while trying to watch TV.
So, lesson learned, I started knitting a TV watching project....

Thanks so much for your comments on the Puff Sleeved Cardigan. I love it!

3 comments:

canuckknits said...

HI!
Have you tried Herrchners? They have the Soho right now for $3.97 and are in Canada!
Perhaps there will a colour that works??
Kirsty

Jennifer said...

Off to your ravelry to see what you cast on for!

Ashley said...

Looking lovely so far! Of course, you are so beautiful, anything looks great on you! I am so jealous!