Friday, January 18, 2008

Progress.

I am finally putting forth the effort to finish the gauntlets. I set a goal of finishing the charts....



Not bad! Just the fingers and thumb to go.
(I must say I can't photograph red. No...five hundred photos...and it still is not quite right. This also applies to the orange below...nearly impossible!)

So I have been searching Ravelry for the perfect mitten pattern. Something in a solid yarn, with a little pattern. Simple, yet somewhat interesting to knit. Feminine looking...not your average mitten.
I was tempted by some...but just couldn't find what I really wanted. I knew I wanted to use the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK from the stash....
Solution...
Make your own pattern....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with the red gauntlet - stunning :-)

Knittypants said...

What a pretty pattern. look forward to seeing more.

Debbie said...

Yes. Very nice, I think I like your mitten pattern!

Protagitron said...

All those reds look delicious. I really like the garter cuff, and the stitch pattern on the mitts- does it involve slipping stitches?

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Will you share it with us when it's finished?