I have been flipping through old knitting mags/patterns/books and spent a good part of the day yesterday reading many of your blogs....looking for Christmas knits inspiration.
I found some ideas...but also decided I would benefit from a trip to the bookstore.
I brought my 5yr old who spotted this book...mistakenly placed in with the knitting books. Fate? Who knows. He had to have it so that I could make him one.
It came in a kit, missing pieces...but it was 50% off.
Once home, we searched through daddy's socks to find the perfect pair! I read it through...pretty simple. I took out the sewing machine and....did a little test sew...
Yeah, this isn't the first time I have had bobbin problems. I KNOW that I have recently had this repaired...and have used it maybe 3 times since. The machine is a fairly good one...I bought about 12 years ago for around $200. I have also spent a good $150 on repairs for the bobbin...$50 each time. I can't do it again.
I think it is time.
So the sock creatures will have to wait, because my attempt at hand sewing just won't do.
In other sock news....
One is complete now and I am part way down the leg of the other...second sock syndrome is starting to set in.
I need to start another project...