Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Join me for a Knitting Blog Crawl.

For a while now I have been thinking of how I would like to share with you some of the blogs that I read and why.

Recently Grumperina sent a little love my way...don't worry I'll be getting to you Kathy...and now I will be sending all of my readers on a little Knitting Blog Crawl.

I have always found "great knit blogs" through the blogs that I already read. Clicking on that blogroll in the side bar is sometimes very dangerous. You get deeper and deeper into knit blogs with no way out...

So, today I must tell you of one of my favourite male knitters. Seriously, this boy can knit!

Brooklyntweed

Go ahead, take a moment to subscribe to his site...or add him to your sidebar.
Not only is Jared a very talented knitter, he is a fabulous photographer. The pictures on his site are absolutely stunning. Beautiful clear photos, focusing on the knitting.
His site construction is wonderful...soft, eye pleasing colours without unnecessary distraction.

Jared's posts are well thought out and worth the read. A thought, a lesson or suggestion here and there. You are sure to find inspiration at brooklyntweed.

There is one problem that I have, though.
I love Jared's knits so much that I immediately send a link to my brother of his finished projects.
The email comes back from my brother with a colour choice.
Needless to say, I am a little behind on knits for Tom!

Stop with the fabulous knits Jared!
No don't really. Keep up the fabulous work...I am always watching;)

16 comments:

Sunflowerfairy said...

Not only is his knitting beautiful, his photos are too! I love his blog.

Courtney said...

nice recommendation, the site is fantastic, and his knitting makes me green with envy!

maitai said...

i actually found his website a few weeks ago after going through your links, and i love it! great recommendation! your critique was right on!

Brenda said...

Thanks for pointing out Jared's site. I hadn't been to it yet. I started reading knitting blogs a little over a month ago and was very excited to find so many well done blogs about my favorite obsession. I really enjoy your blog also!

bunchkin said...

Jared's knits make me drool. They always seem to turn out perfect, with just the right color choices.

Sue said...

I found his site a few weeks ago, and immediately added it to my sidebar. I love his new socks by the way. Your brother is going to look good if you make him all the sweaters and scarfs that Jared makes.

Kris said...

Wow - what great photograpy. I definately added him to my blogroll. The photography is great. *hiding hem at shame for the sad state of blog*

Kris said...

Ooops that should be hiding head in shame.

VickeryKnits said...

No kidding--his work is so beautiful! I love it when he shows up on my bloglines and I get to read another one of his posts!

Scoutj said...

Did you see my post yesterday? I talked about him too!

Anonymous said...

WOW - Thanks for the tip!!

Anonymous said...

is it coincidence that when grumperina linked to you you were talking about sundara yarn, and now you link to jared....when he's talking about sundara yarn?

Wendy Stackhouse said...

Thanks for the new blog. I've added him to my favorites, also!

j a r e d said...

haha! I was wondering what caused a HUGE surge of traffic flow over at the Tweed.

Thanks for the shout-out! i enjoy your site too!

Stacey said...

I so feel that way - I click on one blog, leads me to another and another! I usually find 2 or 3 to add to my blogroll this way!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! I must tell you... I spied with my little eye something else that you've knit very recently, that I must have. In fact, I must have it in the same color, or a similar color. So, the Carolyn obsession continues :).