Monday, June 12, 2006

Single Striped Sock.

SSS looking for a potential mate. Loves long walks in the park, or an evening at home keeping some toes toasty warm.



Dad, this is the sock. There will be no ripping here, the knitter is quite satisfied.

It did finally meet with Dad's approval...after many times trying it on..and a lot of knitting, we have a sock. I have already cast on the toe for the second sock...but with my left wrist "over knit"...I will take my time with this one!

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I think I will wash and then soak in conditioner to soften it up. The yarn is ok...the blue seems nicer!?
The stripes gave me plenty of length, I still have yarn left over in both colours.

Now, time to finish up "green" Cherry...I have cast on for the sleeves...the end is near.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Batwoman, that was a fast sock! Beautiful, too, love the stripe sequence.

Anonymous said...

I am sick of looking at that big ugly socks. Pls knit somethingelse.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Love the sock! My Dad would love that, too. I also like the random/unrandom stripes.And dear anonymous--how about getting a price check on an attitude adjustment and a spell-checker, eh?

Anonymous said...

Dad would like to get them soon ,don't forget the left foot is longer,put a x on the 15" left.o on the rt 14".Can use golf socks also in white with a little colour( red green)

Persnickety Knitter said...

Love the sock! The colors are great together and the stripe sequence makes it really interesting.