Wednesday, June 07, 2006

If I just pull on this piece of yarn...

You knew it would happen eventually...listening to my inner knitter...



Much to my fathers dismay...I ripped the sock and started a striped sock so I would be able to make one with more leg to it.
It has not met his approval...seems he liked the first sock...I fit nicely. I think it was the ribbing he liked. The more he talks about the first sock, the more I learn of how he likes a sock to fit.
So, good bye striped version....on to one with ribbing. I will have to keep the stripes in order to gain the length though.

Some of you have asked what I don't like about this knit picks yarn...




You see that "Hairiness". I don't like it. The navy isn't as hairy as the grey...for whatever reason. It is scratchy and splits a little. It also doesn't like being ripped and reknit. I hope blocking helps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

would a different color toe, heel, and top be enough to give you the extra length you need?

HPNY KNITS said...

I think for a man contrasting toe, heel, and top are great. this yarn does block nicely. the hairs puul together, also make it wamer!

traveling knitter said...

If you give the socks a bath in hair conditioner, it helps with the scratchiness.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm a little dismayed that you ripped the first sock too. However, I suppose you should never question your inner knitter. What was it that you didn't like about the first sock?

Anonymous said...

I see what you mean about the hairiness. Bummer. I also think a contrasting toe, heel and top are a handsome way to get color into a man's sock.