Friday, February 10, 2006

KNITTER DOWN. Hold the games...

Firstly, bear with me as I try to type on my SIL's laptop. I am still trying to figure this thing out and have lost 3 posts...not too happy. I don't like this mouse touch square thingy. So there will be no pictures. Sorry.

Well, you don't really want pictures of todays events...

Tired, starving, grumpy (no morning coffee), drugged with an IV needle sticking out of my right hand (yes, a needle in my hand on the morning of the official cast on's for the olympics), sitting on a hospital gurny with nothing but my retro rib socks and a peakaboo gown on. Yes, that's right sports fans.
On top of this lovely scheduled event, I forgot my IK mag with the pattern for my Olympic Knitting project in my sister's bathroom. Again, please don't ask.

Today's rewards for this humiliation:
5 balls of DB Baby Cashmerino (2 balls for you Aunt Joanne!)
2 balls of Rowan Cashsoft
2 skeins of koigu
1 replacement IK mag so I can start knittng (I will leave this copy for my SIL)

Olympic Knitting Update:
2 balls and 7" into the back (HAHAHAHHHHHAAAHAHAHHA...sorry, it's the drugs)

I am not ignoring your questions in regards to the Regia Silk...I am blocking the socks and will give you an update when I get home.
SockapalOOOza sock knitter...I will also get back to your questions ASAP as well. Don't stress...I know I will love the socks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like the best start to your Olympics, but hopefully things will pick up soon! Good luck!

kris said...

oh no! poor girl, hope you are feeling better now!

Elemmaciltur said...

Poor you...what happened? How come you're getting IVed? Hope you'll feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

oh no!

even though you had an eventful start it sure sounds like you've made good progress.

hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I don't believe it please provide pictures of injury... and if you are taking any enhancing drugs you will be thrown from the competion. Please send doctors notes.

ck

Anonymous said...

Hey! Are you injured? Sick? Feel better soon!

LisaB said...

Ooh can't wait to see a progress pic! I hope you are okay. Gurney? One thing though, you are true Olympian!