Friday, December 23, 2005

I love felting!

Ok, this was just too much fun! I ended up washing twice and it was perfect. I searched for some leather ties for handles but could only fine some leather string that I braided together...just not what I wanted. So I made the twist cord and it looks great. I didn't bother making the eyelet holes for it...it looks fine without.


and a close up of the felting...



This was knit in about 4 hours...maybe 6, who's counting...a night and a half of knitting. the bottle inside is a huge wine bottle that I used to shape it while it dried. A smaller bottle will be going in it. This was just too much fun, I can predict more felting over here!
Pattern: Handknit Holidays, the Felted Wine Bag.
Yarn: Highland collection peruvian wool...I double stranded which is a waste of yarn really, but I love it. I used a ball of each, then had to start a second ball of one colour that completed the entire base.
Adjustments: The gauge was really close...11.2 in 4" is the pattern, and I got 12 so I increased the sts, also knowing I was putting in a liquor bottle not a skinny wine bottle. It is perfect!

In other knitting news...the MIL scarf is coming along just fine...it is an acceptable size now...so today's additional rows are a bonus. I still have to sew in the zipper on FIL's vest. I am thinking of adding a scarf to the list...a quick knit like this one I did...I can do it...I have one more day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love the colors you chose. It's very wintery!
Natalie

grumperina said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and it looks so "finished"... "professional"! Happy holidays!

Stephanie said...

Very nice. I really like the way the finished project turned out. I can't believe how much you've accomplished. You're amazing.

Holly said...

It's lovely. What size needle did you use?

Wanda said...

love the colors and bag looks really great.

Gaile said...

I love the colours! I'd love to know which ones you used.