Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Jaywalking.

I don't know why but every time I say jaywalking...I want to start singing "Jive Talking" by the Bee Gees. Don't ask...

Here they are...so beautiful. I can't model them because they are a gift for someone with much smaller feet than I.



Started: October 28, 2005
Finished: November 5, 2005
Pattern: Jaywalker socks by Grumperina
Yarn: Koigu I don't know the colour, I bought and wound it a while ago... I think it is 217 I used 2 skeins.
Adjustments: None really. I wasn't sure how far the koigu would take me so I made the leg from cuff to heel flap 6". I had left over yarn. I might have got 6.5" or so, but these are just fine.

I love these socks. I could squeeze them on while I turned the heel...really squeeze. It is a snug fitting sock for sure, but feels great. For myself I would have to do the second size. I think this pattern is perfect for koigu. It showcases the colourway beautifully and with the snug fit, it is perfect for koigu's habit of stretching out a bit after wear.
Another christmas knit done!
I will definitely make a pair for myself, but not until the new year. I have some christmas knitting to do!

edited:
I must not forget to say...eight years of wedded bliss today! I made it past the seven year itch;)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous!!! Work very well with Koigu, you're right. I'll drop you a line once I update the gallery.

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the socks and Happy Anniversary! Those socks do look great with the Koigu! If only I can get the pattern to work for me.

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary! The socks are gorgeous. Definitely using some of my Koigu for Jaywalkers. :)

goodkarma said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations!

The Jive Talkin' socks look so good in that Koigu colorway. Yum yum! How many skeins did you use?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary and the lovely socks!

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh! Now I know what to do with my Koigu. They are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on eight years!

I love the socks, mine aren't coming out so well. Maybe if I choose some of my Koigu......

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!!! And great socks!!! I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks! And Happy Anniversary!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Happy anniversary to you and your husband.

Love the socks!

Nana Sadie said...

I love love love those socks - that colorway is gorgeous and your work is too! (And happy anny!)
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Me again! I was so inspired by your socks I am about to knit this pattern in Koigu too and I am wondering if you could give me some more details? From what I can make out you knit the smallest size, I was just wondering what size foot you have that they don't fit? Or the shoe size of the intended? And did you use the US1s recommended in the pattern and get gauge with them? I am something of a sock (and Koigu) novice so I am feeling a bit anxious about choosing the right size...

Acornbud said...

Those socks are really beautiful. The pattern worked great with that great yarn.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the socks! This may be the only sock pattern I ever make for the rest of my life. ;-)

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a great day!