Friday, September 09, 2005

Pan, cookies and footlets.

Even though the party is this weekend, I had to give him something on his official birthday...


I know the feather needs a little trim...it's a little large. The costume or "Peter Pan clothes!" as Lucca calls them, is also a little big. That's ok, he will grow into it! Hopefully next week I will have time to take the sewing machine in so I can finish captain hook. I am not as brave as some people;)
I am also hard at work on these...

Sugar cookie wedding cakes for a shower this weekend. This is my favourite recipe, of course it is from Martha. A little sanding sugar and some dragees and I they will be complete!
Lastly, a little knitting content.

The footlets are complete. Yet to be washed and blocked, but they are done.
Started: Sept 2, 2005
Finished: Sept 9, 2005
Pattern: IK Spring 2005 Padded Footlets
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fun colour #321 and some in cream for the stripe.
Adjustments: I pretty much completely omitted the padded part. I tried it different ways, but decided to go it without. I really like them this way but I will eventually do the padded ones as well.
Now to make a sleeve for them and ship them off to my sister. She needs a lot of cheering up and cheering on...these should help out. In the least, she can wear them and know that her crazy knitting sister is thinking of her.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The footlets look great! I hope they help cheer up your sister :-)

Laura said...

Wow! You sew, you bake, you knit...amazing. I LOVE those footlets. The colors are great!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute child! And so cute in the costume. I think it looks great.

Footlets are cute too!

Laura said...

Oh, yeah... Sorry to do this, but you've been tagged! The questions are on my blog. Peer pressure, it's dangerous... ;)

Stasia said...

I am not a big fan of little kids but I have to say - HE IS ADORABLE!

The footlets are wonderful and you are killing me with those cookies. Is there anything you can't do???

chris said...

The footlets turned out so pretty! Your son looks so sweet in his costume- what a great mom you are to sew it for him! BTW, your cookies look fantastic, mmmmm! :)

Tracy Batchelder said...

Have fun with the party. Happy birthday to the birthday boy!

Anonymous said...

Cute costume, and I love the socks too! I should get that magazine out again and start those socks! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

You sure are amazing, you do it all and then still shock us and suprise us further. I noticed you knitted the blanket from special knits by debbie bliss and I to am knitting it, but am not sure where to start attaching the edging. Did you start at the corner or in the middle somewhere?