Saturday, September 03, 2005

Not really padded footlets.

After carrying 20 sheets of drywall into the basement and helping my DH hang the bedroom ceiling, I started the padded footlets from IK spring 2005. I wanted a quick knit for one of my sisters who needs a little cheering up. Well, they aren't really quick at all. The heel construction is really neat. I love the pattern...

I was struggling a bit with the padded part of the foot...I just thought that it was looking strange. I search for others who have knit them and found that they found it to be really tedious work as well. Which is fine, but I did want something knit up over the weekend. So I ripped back to the heel and I am now knitting the padded footlets without the padded.

Notice the lovely matching bag in the background. This is one of my purchases from my birthday stash. Michaels craftstore had a 50% off coupon for the weekend. It has lots of room for when I travel with my knitting...and all kinds of great compartments to use.

Now, another load of drywall, some hanging of the drywall, some knitting and don't forget the sewing I need to get done this week. Peter Pan has a hat and a shirt now...on to the pants and boots.

5 comments:

grumperina said...

You're definitely not alone. I know a TON of people who've knit them, but each and every person omitted the "padded" aspect. Which is a shame, since that's what's unique about them. Anyway, your version is looking great!

candsmom said...

Hi there! I've been reading your blog for a couple of days...you do really beautiful work! Your footlets are turning out great. I started working on a pair about a week ago, and you're right about the padding being tedious! I thought it would be a quick knit, too, especially since the ankle ribbing was so minimal. Boy, was I wrong! Having to keep track of the padding pattern along with the instep pattern took a lot more concentration than I thought. (Clearly, since they're not done yet! :-P) Looking at your WIP inspired me to pick mine up again....can't wait to see your FO!
Take care,
Chris

jacqueline said...

like you i have been following the knitting of these padded footlets in blogland. i really want to make a pair for my mum and because she has problems with her feet the padded aspect is what actually appeals to me. it is kinda disappointing to see so many people struggle with them.

Anonymous said...

What's the yarn? It's very pretty.

Steph
(Yarn Harlot)

Stephanie said...

I love the socks - great yarn. Hanging drywall sucks - you're very nice to help your hubby. I can't wait to see the Peter Pan costume.