Monday, January 15, 2007

How will this story end...

So I am actually using the yarn called for in this Olive pattern. Laines Du Nord Dolly Maxi.
I have the required number of balls for the size I am knitting....and here I am...



One more inch to go before I cast off the arm hole area and start the sleeve cap. Not too much yarn left on the balls I am knitting...then that one single ball...

Will I have enough?

I hate this.

The remainder of the sweater (fronts, back and collar) are all blocking.

I am cleaning today...finally putting away all of the christmas stuff...dusting...Vacuuming...and wishing I was knitting.
I think it is time for a break.
Back to my "Boston-Legal-a-thon"...season two...disc two of seven....oh yeah! I really think the episode where they go fishing in BC Canada is by far my favourite...seriously...when they go into the Canadian courts in their "costumes"...I LOVE IT!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the anxiety of wondering if I'm going to run out of yarn. Although, sometimes it makes it seem like I knit faster... maybe it's the anticipation of getting to go yarn shopping to hunt down that extra skein.

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Is there any chance of getting more yarn, if you need it? I know that feeling - I usually knit faster, but I don't think that makes any difference to the knitting gods or is it godesses!?
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping YES, it's looking so great!

Anonymous said...

You will have enough. So let it be written, so let it be done!

:-)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one putting away the Christmas things today! Reminds me, I think I need to vacuum again to get any extra needles that fell off that tree. then, perhaps a few rows of knitting before supper!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, you know I love you more than my luggage, but did you by any chance purchase an extra ball more than the pattern required? This is, of course, a classic example of "Do as I say, not as I do", 'cause I get pretty lazy in this arena as well.

Just wonderin', though.

Procuring the yarn shouldn't be a problem, though, what with the Internet and Knitlist, etc. Someone out there has a skein of the stuff. Here's to wishing you good success with your remaining ball!

-Alison

Anonymous said...

You must get another subscriber, immediately! Bloglines tells me you have *66 subscribers. I replaced the first 6 with a 6! Bad luck numbers bring us stalkers out of lurkdom.

Stacey said...

I hate that feeling! I have been lucky so far, but I know one of these days I wont' beat my knitting to the end and I'll run out of yarn.

What are you impressions of the yarn? It looks great, but how soft, sproingy, etc?

LisaB said...

I love Boston Legal - such a hilarious show!
That BC trip is hilarious, I love the fishing scene. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think you'll have enough. I love it and can't wait to see the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one doing a Jan. "Boston-Legal-knit-a-thon" :)

Think good thoughts as you finish up... surely there will be enough.

Alisha said...

You'll have enough....it is going to look awesome!!