Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Don't let your knitting sit.

So I am working now...I know you have noticed. From blogging daily to once a week. My knitting is suffering. I don't whip through the projects anymore...what a pain when I need to rip something back...and some projects sit for a little while.

Well, my lace project was sitting on my bedside table for a week or so...and look...



Do you see that...that spider cocoon?! Yeah, that is a first!
AND I picked it up to knit and started the wrong row of the chart...then realized that the double decrease I was doing was wrong! Instead of the slip 2 stitches, knit 1 pull the slipped stitches over, I was slipping one, k2tog then pulling the 1 over. ARGGGHH!
I am not ripping back for that...it looks fine...right?

Olive has been hanging as suggested for a couple days. I picked up a 22" and a 24" zipper today. The colour is a little off, but I am hoping to hide it. I hate trying to match up zippers to yarn colours. I do know that there is a site on line that will match them for you...but I just don't have the patience to wait.

Hopefully I will finally give you a meaningful post this week with some zipper tips. I love the suggestions you all gave and will include them in that post....now to find that spider...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! That's horrifying! The spider stuff, not the lace.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the spider thought the lace was a web? Maybe it was Charlotte?
That is the problem with lace knitting, I have found, it is hard to pick up the groove of it once you set it down for awhile. I'm trying to juggle two lace patterns and am having problems keeping the two separate. Good luck with the spider hunt.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, the spider thing is kind of symbolic. Reminds me of the Greek myth of Arachne, although she was a weaver.

I love your blog, by the way. I think this is the first time I've ever left a comment. Looking forward to seeing the zipper tips.

Anonymous said...

Once she lays her eggs (the white fluff is her egg sack) she dies... so if you do find a spider it's not the culprit. Not that it wouldn't be grossing me out as well!

Anonymous said...

Apparently Lady Arachne approves of your webbing... just hope she doesn't eat knitting...

Anonymous said...

Darn insects. Trespassing little mutants! Weave your own web little Missy!

I find coming back to a project after a long period (days) to be a little disorienting too. Frustrating to frog when your knitting time is limited. Argh.

Anonymous said...

Much better to find evidence of a spider than to find evidence of moths.

The lace is very pretty. Hope you get it debugged and on the way again soon.

Anonymous said...

The lace looks great to me. Your blog is fantastic too.

Nana Sadie said...

ok...I hate spiders with a passion - any bug really (ok...praying mantis and ladybugs are the exception).

But that lace is stunning!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

ONE SPIDER THAT IS A EMPTY NESTER HONEY. YOU HAVE TO FIND THE BABIES TOO LITTLE SISTER. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, YOU DON'T CALL YOU DON'T WRITE. WE WANT TO VISIT SOON.
CK

KnittenKnots said...

Shudder...the only thing worst than seeing a spider for me is seeing evidence of a spider who is now "hiding"...yikes! :-) Love that color...

Anonymous said...

Oh no.

Anonymous said...

What book has the "Olive" sweater pattern? I am thinking of making it, no that I see how yours has come out.

Courtney said...

LOL, that's not good!
The cardi looks good, just weighing in, I would say to measure when you have it on because that will give you a more accurate idea of zipper length. can't wait to see it on. :)