Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yarrow Ribbed Socks.

Things always work out in the end!

yarrow ribbed socks

Pattern: Yarrow Ribbed Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.
Yarn: Regia 4 ply...one of my favourite sock yarns...and it has a guarantee
Adjustments: I knit these toe up over 72 sts. Some great techniques...Judy's magic cast on as well as Cat Bordhi's ssk gusset decreases...my most favourite new knitting technique ever! The heel I used came from these socks...not my favourite toe up heel, but it turned out ok. I extended the rib pattern down the back of the heel, which looked better. I cast off with EZ's sewn bind off...for a nice loose cuff.

The only bad thing about these socks is that...he loves them. They haven't even been blocked yet and he already has them on!

So...looks like I am casting on another pair of socks.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Be careful what you wish for, eh?

Jenny said...

ran across your blog while i was surfin' around some others. and you have some great content here. there's lots to check out and i'm really enjoying my stay. i'd like to invite you for a pop on over to my blog if you'd like. i'd love to have you. :) i've subscribed to your feed so i'll be coming back for sure.