Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's not ripe yet...

So, you thought you would see the finished Cherry...well, not yet.

I know, I know...when will I learn to listen...

Your Inner Knitter always knows best.

That ribbing is way to tight for these pipes.

A couple problems...I was using susan bates #3 (love the tips...but I need a needle a little larger, addi's #3...RENEE...I need my 3's, I know you are never going to finish that sock!)
I also love the tubular cast on...well, It doesn't have the same stretch as a standard cast on.

Sooooooo....this is what I did.



Using a smaller needle (#2) I picked up the right leg of each stitch under the ribbing, all the way around the arm hole. Since I have already seamed it up to try it on, I will now knit the armband in the round.



Then, I clipped a purl stitch at the start of the ribbing, and removed the ribbing from the arm.



Voila! The arm is safely on the smaller needle.
*Do not knit with this needle, ok, I did forget to switch to the larger needle and knit the ribbing...don't tell anyone.

Switch to the larger needle (I used #4) and knit the ribbing....



I also cast off with a larger needle so that the cast off doesn't cut off my circulation...

And there you go!

It fits perfectly now.

I did the front bands in the larger needle...no, no, no. I must rip it, it is too loose.

FYI...I don't have enough yarn for the neckband...that's right, I need a 9th ball of yarn! This yarn is cursed!

6 comments:

Beak-Knits said...

That is so clever!! Thanks for the action shots.

allie said...

I have to say that I am very impressed and that your work looks spectacular!!

Wool Winder said...

Great fix!

Persnickety Knitter said...

Great solution for the armbands. Can't wait to see it done.

LisaB said...

Wowsers - great job in fixing it! Can't wait to see it on.

Acornbud said...

Oooh, the suspense is killing me! Great closeups.